WL626 The aircraft was operated by No.201 Advanced Flying Training School, based at RAF Swinderby and took part as a static display at the Queens Review of the Royal Air Force at RAF Odiham on the 15th July 1953. It departed Swinderby for No.2 Air Navigation School at Thorney Island in 1955. After five years it moved to No.1 ANS at Topcliffe in Yorkshire. For a short period WL626 was stationed at Stradishall before arriving at RAF Finningley (now Robin Hood International Airport) on the Notts / Yorkshire border in 1970.
In April 1976 the aircraft was purchased by Mr G and Mr F.W. Vale from the Ministry of Defence and flown from Finningley to Coventry Airport. Three years later the Varsity arrived here to complete its flying career.