Go Back   AirlineFan.com Forums > Aircraft Photography > Airline spotting/holiday/airport Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Airline spotting/holiday/airport Reports Share your aviation holiday reports, airport spotting reports and airline flight reports. Include photos and video links.

Old March 13th, 2010, 01:00

Default Spotting at BFI on 10 March 2010

I was at Seattle for the Spring Break with the kids. I planned to go BFI to catch a B788 on 10March 2010. That day turned out to be a sunny day and the B788 was flying.

I checked flightaware.com after breakfast around 1015hr and found BOE001 a B788 test flight scheduled to take off at 1045hr. So we hurried to BFI from my hotel in Lynnwood (north of Seattle). Fortunately we get on the HOV lane and very light traffic on I-5 so we got to BFI just in time. On I-5 we can see 2 B788 sitting at the apron. We found a near empty parking lot next to the BFI tower to spot. There were already a few spotters there.

I asked one of the spotters for the tower frequency so that I can pick up the ATC with my scanner. Unfortunately the tower transmission was not too clear even we sat right next to it.

There were lots of biz jets come and go, including an US Coast Guard jet, but the B788 has no sign of moving. Finally around 1210hr, 2 chase planes: a Lockheed T-33 then followed by a Northrop T-38 took off. The B788 N787BA took off after them.

Although I watch the roll out of the same aircraft on 7.8.07 but this is my first sighting of a B788 taking off. Exciting. Got a few photos.

Judging from the photos uploaded to this site, it appears fellow spotters/photographers Brandon Farris and Keith Draycott were there too.

Last edited by King F. Hui; March 13th, 2010 at 01:02.
Advertisement
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:14

Talking

HAHA Nice to meet you, I was the guy that you asked what the frequency was, the nut standing on the roof of the red car next to you I am there often so feel free to stop by again sometime!
Old March 15th, 2010, 19:22

Nice meeting you too. What a small world.

Last edited by King F. Hui; March 28th, 2010 at 21:52.
Advertisement