Correct history or "don't correct history" [Archive] - AirlineFan.com Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Correct history or "don't correct history"

Sergei Tsvetkov
April 10th, 2009, 10:48
Hi all

When I filled the data concerning one photo taken at Moscow-Vnukovo in 1956, I INTENTIONALLY wrote Soviet Union because (if somebody doesn't know) in the 50s there was not any "Russia". This moment is very important for me - LET NOT TO RE-WRITE history.

I have long and fruitless discussion about this problem with A-Net screeners and managers and as result I didn't upload there any (except one or two) pictures taken earlier than 1992.
I understand that many (in my state also) desperately trying forget the fact that USSR really was in the history, but I think the history-related media can't have such a foolish position. A-Net doesn't have "USSR" in the drop menu of countries, it doesn't have "Yugoslavia" also, as Czechoslovakia.

Let AirlineFan will be pleasant exception to the rule - LET WRITE REAL HISTORY - not it's today interpretation.

Sorry for bad English (if so) - I hope the sense remains understandable :)

WBR Sergei

Henry Tenby
April 14th, 2009, 08:46
Hi Sergie,

You are correct and I appreciate and agree 1000% with your point.

The only problem is that our database structure does not allow more than one unique country to contain a unique airport code.

For example, it is not possible to add YVR Vancouver in any other country name field as it is already listed under Canada. So I cannot add Moscow airport under USSR as it is already under Russia.

This is not a political issue it is a programming and database integrity issue.

I hope you will understand and accept my sincere apologies for not being able to add Moscow under a new country catagory called USSR.

Henry Tenby, webmaster

Sergei Tsvetkov
April 15th, 2009, 22:20
Hi Henry
A lot of thanks for your reply and your position - I have understood the problem when you replied me by mail.
Only as remark - some photos I have wanted to upload
Comet at VKO, 1956; Viscount at VKO, 1959; 707 at SVO, early 60s, DC-6 at VKO, mid 50s